My name is Valeria Barnhill, and as you may know, I have a few of my paintings on utility boxes in Tyler and an art studio by the name of Valeria ArtLab. I have been involved with many community art events, but it’s time to take it to the next step. Recognition of my art worldwide has won me a grant and a month-long workshop at Chateau d’Orquevaux in Champagne, France. The chateau is owned by the Artist-in-Residence program. This organization takes artists from all over the globe and invites them for a stay in one of their many international chateaus. 10-12 artists will reside in the chateau creating an intellectual and multicultural atmosphere. Only 4 months of stay is presented to a few handfuls of lucky and talented artists, and I am one of them! More than that, I was awarded to stay for a whole month, and you can’t imagine how excited I am! The idea the creators of this project envisioned was the coming together of a handful of creative thinkers, problem solvers, and designers — more commonly known as artists — to work together in harmonic diversity to produce art, give each other ideas, and bond in a peaceful environment, and that’s exactly what I deeply desire to do.
A lasting impression will be made at the end of the stay, when an artwork from each artist will be forever displayed in the museum in Champagne. I will represent the City of Tyler in a way for it to stand out internationally. Tyler, Texas… can be Tyler, Texas in France! I was given a grant for half of the trip’s cost, but the support of this campaign will allow me to stay and create artworks in France with this incredible opportunity just with help in funding, which includes travel expenses, art materials, insurance, and my stay there. My goal is to raise $5,000 with your help! I’m reaching out to all those with care for the city and a passion for art! Here’s how we can reach this goal together:
- come to my art studio and check out my paintings! It is located at 8362 Paluxy Dr Tyler, Texas
- at the same place, you can even schedule to have your own (or your kids) art class where I will teach you techniques and you will make your own artwork.
- host an art party for you and your friends at Valeria Artlab
- visit my online shop and pick out what you like! You can find it here: ValeriaArtLab.com
- sponsor one of my utility boxes that are scattered all over Tyler! You will even get your name on it! Visit the website for it here: http://www.keeptylerbeautiful.com/Beautification/Beauty-and-the-Box, and pick my art for the next box/boxes at Gallery Main Street.
- if you wanted a mural at your home or your office, I am ready to paint it for you!
- Become a patron for my mission, and your participation in my success will be returned with my gratitude and my newest pieces of art!
- and of course, donations are always appreciated! Please, paypal.me/ValeriaBarnhill or you can do it here: ValeriaArtLab.com
For each donation I will send the kind donor my art!
Thank you for all of your help, and I will post pictures of my trip in France on my instagram @valeria.artlab. Thank you for your support and making my dream true for me!
To find out more about Art Residence Program and about the Chateau d’Orquevaux go to their website and watch the video below from previous residency.